I finished painting the office, but making the curtains has been taking me forever! Not because curtains are difficult or challenging, but because they are boring me out of my mind. I am usually really good about not procrastinating, and just getting things done that need doing, but these curtains have been my nemesis. Several times I have gone to the sewing room, sewn one seam and then promptly decided that really I better go brush the cat, empty the dishwasher, get the mail... you get the idea.
I now I have two of the curtains completed, and have conveniently run out of thread so I am unable to make the other two right now. I must say, I am pleased with how they turned out. I didn't really follow a pattern, I just took some muslin and sewed one inch seams on all sides then folded the top over to make a pocket for the rod. As you can see from the photos these curtains are multi-talented and are capable of both opening and closing.
Mike and I are so pleased with how much better the room looks, it was very much worth the labor I put into it. I included this last photo below because the colour is more accurate. It's very bright, but we like it. The rest of our house has very neutral colours, and we wanted something a little more funky and fun for this room.